We collect your personal information. Personal information is information that relates specifically to you, such as your name, age, email address, address, telephone number, occupation, travel insurance details, information about your health, and credit card details. The following are some of the reasons why we would collect your personal information:
- To identify you;
- In order to process your instructions or requests;
- in order to understand your needs;
- to ensure that you are in good health and able to manage our itineraries and activities that could potentially be physically or emotionally challenging at times;
- to ensure that you have taken medical advice about your trip and activity;
- to ensure that we can manage any specific dietary requirements or allergies;
- to hold deposits and pay us for our services;
- to develop and improve our products;
- for market research in terms of the products and services which we offer on behalf of third parties.
- once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may therefore be unable to provide you with the services we offer.
In addition to the personal information you submit, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, operating system, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our website, and information about how you interact with our website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We use this Device Information for fraud detection as well as aggregate this information to our advertising partners which allow us to have a better understanding of our customer requirements and/or preferences by using cookies to track users as they travel from website to website recording what commercial advertisements they view and select while browsing.
Device Information is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not specifically identify you or any other any individual.
Cookies enable us to improve our service to you, estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and recognise you when you return to our website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest, that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we do not have any control over the content and practices of these websites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your information is stored either electronically on our secure servers or in the case of paper documentation, in secured cabinets only accessible by the Data Controller. All information to and from our servers is encrypted by Secure Socket Layer (SSL).
We are subject to South African data protection laws including, but not limited to, those contained in the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013 (“POPI”), the Consumer Protection Act 2008 (“CPA”), with which we comply with and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (“ECTA”).
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We will however disclose any personal information held by us:
- in the event we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such a business or assets);
- if our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal information held about customers will be one of the transferred assets);
- if we have a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with a legal request, by law or court order, or in order to enforce any of our terms and conditions;
- where we are in law allowed to do so;
- in relation to the implementation, administration and/or enforcement of any agreement entered into with us.
You are entitled to request access to your information at a prescribed fee and to request that inaccurate, irrelevant, excessive, outdated, misleading or unlawfully obtained information be corrected.